This market-renowned and very popular three day training package is available for APC candidates working in real estate organisations and surveying firms that do not have access to a corporate APC training programme. We bring together up to 15 candidates in single groups for the intensive and highly-interactive two-stage programme, which is suitable for candidates on the Commercial, Residential, Property Finance & Investment and Planning & Development APC Pathways.
The first part of this interactive small group course assists candidates with the preparation of their final submission and will cover:
- Understanding what APC assessors are seeking from the submission and final assessment
- How to approach and complete all aspects of the APC submission
- The countdown to APC preparation: How best to spend time preparing for the submission
- Using the APC Assessment Resource Centre (ARC) system
- How to select and design the Case Study at their final assessment interview
- An RICS Ethics overview and how to prepare for the online RICS Ethics test
- An overview of important statutes, regulations and RICS publications
- Advice on time management and planning their revision
The second part of the course consisting of two intensive and interactive interview preparation sessions will prepare them for their competency-based interview. Candidates will receive the up-to-date APC Success Reference Manual prior to the first session. The sessions will cover:
- Conduct Rules, Ethics and Professional Practice
- Mandatory competencies
- Key core competencies, such as Inspection, Measurement, Valuation & Development Appraisals
- Selected optional competencies (dependent on pathways)
- How to respond to Assessors’ questions: Practical Question & Answer techniques
- Revision techniques: Action planning for the final assessment
- Case study presentations and Question & Answer session
- A review of topical issues pertinent to different pathways
- How to prepare for the final assessment interview
Podcasts on key aspects of the APC will also be available.
Course delegates are encouraged to join a private collaborative support group, which we facilitate using a social media app, through which we provide ongoing assistance to answer queries you may have leading to your APC submission.