APC Success: Paperwork & Interview Preparation (combined)
Duration: 3 days
Combined APC Paperwork and Interview Preparation
This course, previously referred to as the 3-Day Intensive APC Revision Course, is a combination of the APC Success Paperwork Preparation course and the APC Success Interview preparation course. By attending the courses in this combined format, attendees receive all the learning benefits of both courses, including continued virtual support between sessions from their cohort and coach, at a reduced cost.
This course is suitable for candidates on the Commercial, Corporate, Property Finance & Investment, Planning & Development and Residential APC Pathways.
This market-renowned and very popular three day training package is available for APC candidates working in real estate organisations and surveying firms that do not have access to a corporate APC training programme. We bring together up to 15 candidates in single groups for the intensive and highly-interactive two-stage programme, which is suitable for candidates on the Commercial, Residential, Property Finance & Investment and Planning & Development APC Pathways.
The first part of this interactive small group course assists candidates with the preparation of their final submission and will cover:
- Understanding what APC assessors are seeking from the submission and final assessment
- How to approach and complete all aspects of the APC submission
- The countdown to APC preparation: How best to spend time preparing for the submission
- Using the APC Assessment Resource Centre (ARC) system
- How to select and design the Case Study at their final assessment interview
- An RICS Ethics overview and how to prepare for the online RICS Ethics test
- An overview of important statutes, regulations and RICS publications
- Advice on time management and planning their revision
The second part of the course consisting of two intensive and interactive interview preparation sessions will prepare them for their competency-based interview. Candidates will receive the up-to-date APC Success Reference Manual prior to the first session. The sessions will cover:
- Conduct Rules, Ethics and Professional Practice
- Mandatory competencies
- Key core competencies, such as Inspection, Measurement, Valuation & Development Appraisals
- Selected optional competencies (dependent on pathways)
- How to respond to Assessors’ questions: Practical Question & Answer techniques
- Revision techniques: Action planning for the final assessment
- Case study presentations and Question & Answer session
- A review of topical issues pertinent to different pathways
- How to prepare for the final assessment interview
Podcasts on key aspects of the APC will also be available.
Course delegates are encouraged to join a private collaborative support group, which we facilitate using a social media app, through which we provide ongoing assistance to answer queries you may have leading to your APC submission.
APC Success Courses
|Group||Paperwork Preparation Day Date||Interview Preparation Day One Date||Interview Preparation Day Two Date||Registration Status|
|Group A (London)||17 May 2022 (09:30-17:00)||16 August 2022 (09:30-17:00)||26 September 2022 (09:30-17:00)||SOLD OUT|
|Group B (London)||18 May 2022 (09:30-17:00)||17 August 2022 (09:30-17:00)||27 September 2022 (09:30-17:00)||SOLD OUT|
|Group C (London)||19 May 2022 (09:30-17:00)||18 August 2022 (09:30-17:00)||5 October 2022 (09:30-17:00)||Proceed to Booking|
|Group D (Manchester)||23 May 2022 (09:30-17:00)||19 August 2022 (09:30-17:00)||7 October 2022 (09:30-17:00)||Proceed to booking|
|26 May 2022 (09:30-17:00)||12 August 2022 (09:30-17:00)||10 October 2022 (09:30-17:00)||SOLD OUT|
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Paperwork & Interview Preparation Combined Course: Prospectus
Cushman & Wakefield
Hartnell Taylor Cook
Jones Lang LaSalle
John Lewis Partnership
Matthews & Goodman
NHS Property Services
Transport for London