The APC Success Podcast
Top Tips from our coaches
Having trained and assessed hundreds and hundreds of APC candidates, it’s fair to say we have very clear ideas about the hallmarks of success… and the pitfalls to be avoided! When we coach, mentor and train, we explore the detail behind the following quick list of some headline tips for candidates:
- Make sure that your APC starts well, with a good setup for recording the necessary information
- Don’t waste time doing things you don’t need to do – focus on the important stuff
- Record your experiences appropriately, making sure you can select those which assessors need to see
- Make sure your CPD learning outcomes are worded appropriately – don’t cut and paste from the agenda!
- Write your summary of experience examples correctly using appropriate RICS APC guidance, making it easy for assessors to appreciate your competency and professionalism
- Make sure your case study selection is right – too complex or too simple and you’ll probably struggle to write it well enough and discuss it at interview
- Ensure that you prepare appropriately for an interview-based assessment – Q&A is the key!
- Plan for your case study presentation having understood assessors’ expectations
- Make sure your interview answering technique is top notch
Find out more about our expert APC coaches.
It is important for APC candidates to demonstrate they are up-to-date with RICS activities and publications, as well keeping abreast of topical industry news. The following links are useful current items:
ABOUT APC SUCCESS
Find out about our organisation. Read full details of our services, from APC support for candidates, supervisors and counsellors, to corporate programmes, Podcasts, and more.
Cushman & Wakefield
Hartnell Taylor Cook
Jones Lang LaSalle
John Lewis Partnership
Matthews & Goodman
NHS Property Services
Transport for London